07 May 2012

32 weeks

I've been horrible at blogging anything about this pregnancy. I will blame it on first- and second-trimester sickness and the craziness that is being pregnant, working full-time, parenting a toddler, and trying (failing) to sell a house. The third trimester has been relatively kind to me. However, this kid is a kicker! It's nice to know that he is ok, but I wish he would take a break occasionally and let me rest!

Last weekend we took Gabe to a sibling maternity tour at UNC so he could see where we would be staying when his brother is born. He got to dress up like a doctor and take care of a baby doll, which he then carried throughout the tour. The highlight? Elevators!

I am wrapping up my semesters teaching at UNC and Peace and transitioning into full-time editing until the fall semester. Mike is gearing up his students for AP tests; their school doesn't end until mid-June. In other news, we got antsy and pulled our house off the market. We decided that it was more important to start settling in somewhere, even if it was in a small space. We are almost finished - we moved Gabe's room (the boys will share one), threw out a bunch of stuff, and are working on making a hybrid play/guest room.

2 comments:

e said...

Love the last picture! He is going to make the best big brother :)

Jan said...

The sibling tour looks so cute! What a great idea. Good luck getting the home settled. I'm sure it'll be great. If it's any consolation, we're going to be in our one-bedroom rental at least through the Fall as we try to save enough for a down payment for a home here in DC. The boys will love the space they have, and I'm sure it'll be great!