28 May 2011

Gabriel 2.0, Mommy PhD

The first weekend in May was busy for us - on May 6, Gabe turned 2 (although now he says he's three years old), and on May 7, I received my PhD hood. Grandma came to visit for both events and we had a great weekend.

For Gabe's birthday, Grandma and I took Gabe to Marbles Kids Museum for a busy morning riding buses, pirate ships, gardening, building race cars, grocery shopping, and enjoying a picnic lunch (er, chocolate chip cookie). We baked a cake (which Gabe looked forward to all day long - next year we may have cake for breakfast, just to get it out of the way!), opened presents with Daddy (more trains, oh my!), opened Gabe's new trike from J4, and then celebrated with dinner, cake, and presents with Team B. It was a long, fun day.

Blowing out candles with Ben's help

Digging in!
On Saturday morning, we trekked up to Chapel Hill for my PhD hooding ceremony. I got to spend some time catching up with Matt, and Mom, Mike, and Gabe got to spend time with Kelly and Matt's family. Gabe was awesome - he spent a lot of time running around, but he came in to watch me walk across stage and met me with hugs after the recessional. Mike, Mom, Gabe, and I had a celebratory lunch at Brixx, and then trekked home for a relaxing weekend.

0 comments: