07 April 2011

23 months

It's funny - some days I am amazed that Gabe is almost 2. On other days, I can't believe he has another month before he is officially 2, because he has been acting like a two-year-old for a couple of months now. This is a good and a bad thing - he's quite independent and is very easy to communicate with verbally. He's also very much into the "I do it!" phase. There are a number of things that Gabe feels are his jobs, and he gets upset if he catches us doing them. This includes putting soap in the dishwasher, using the microwave and toaster oven, starting the washer or dryer, flushing the toilet, opening or closing doors, turning lights on or off, and operating any type of remote control. It got to a point where he was in the horrible habit of screaming, "No! I do it!" any time he wanted to do something on his own. On Tuesday we started working on prompting him to replace his "no" with "May I do it please?" I'm very impressed with his progress in 2 days.

Gabe and Alisha playing Rock Band
Some of Gabe's recent verbal gems:
  • "We'll talk about it." I probably say this a lot.
  • When watching the rotating loading icon on Netflix on my iphone, he said, "It's spinning... like the Milky Way!"
  • "I say.. 'Ok, Mommy'"
  • "I'm working on it."
  • At bedtime, Gabe often asks where the non-bedtime parent is. The other night, Mike explained that I was downstairs working. Gabe said, "Mommy go downstairs and work. Mommy go downstairs and play guitar. Mommy go downstairs and sing 'Who Are You'." I guess we had been playing a lot of Rock Band lately. I recently taught him to sing the song by the Who, and for some reason he now thinks the PS3 microphone is called a "who are you."


Congratulations to Dr. LaFave!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Gabe sounds hilarious! I'm even more excited to see you this weekend now!